Did you know that when you write down your goals and then share them with others, you are 75% more likely to hit your goal!
Setting GOALS can seem pretty easy, right?
For example: In 2019, I want to be debt free.
Great goal and one that so many are working toward…but something’s missing.
While being debt free is an admirable goal and is definitely worth striving for, it really isn’t a SMART goal.
S – specific
M – measurable
A – attainable
R – realistic
T – time-based
1. Be specific! If you are looking to become debt-free or to hit a certain rank within your company, get real about what those numbers look like.
2. Make it measurable! Paying off debt and/or hitting a new rank are both measurable goals. However, some will set a goal for helping their team members hit their goals (or something similar). As stated, this is not a measurable goal. You’ve got to really drill down and figure out what that will look like, so you’ll know when you’ve reached that goal!
3. Is your goal attainable and realistic? We definitely want our goals to stretch us, push us, and help us grow…but there should be, to a certain degree, attainable as well. This is especially true if you are helping your team to set and reach goals. You want to push them and show that you believe in them, but you want them to also experience success so they stay motivated and trust in you.
4. Goals HAVE to be time-based — or what’s the point? The most effective way that I’ve found to set and reach goals is have one large goal that is broken down into several smaller goals. For example, you might set the goal to be debt-free by the end of the year or to reach the top rank in your company by the end of the year. Break that down into 12 monthly goals. What do you need to do by the end of each goal to make that goal a reality.
I have to add one last important thing about goal setting, and this just might be the most important!
C E L E B R A T E ! !
Celebrate your own success as you make progress in hitting your goals, and be sure to celebrate the success of your team! This is hugely motivating!!
Celebrating, or looking forward to being celebrated, can really keep us pushing forward when life gets busy or when the NOs seem to weigh heavy.
Looking for more support and training opportunities related to recruiting effectively?
We cover this topic (and many more) inside the TGON Nation course, where I, along with several million dollar earners, give unique perspectives and tips for success every week.
Unfortunately, TGON Nation is currently closed, I will keep you posted as to when it will reopen. Click the link (www.tgonnation.com) to check it out and to join our Waiting List!
In TGON Nation, I will teach you how to:
- Never run out of contacts
- Overcome objections
- Give you more confidence and vision in
- Maximize social media
When you click the link (www.tgonnation.com) — you can also see what others are saying about TGON Nation!!